Anyway, I still believe that if I had known my love & interest for art, just 1 or 2 years sooner I would probably be an art teacher today. Wow how my life would be different. I walk into an art room and feel at home. It never used to be that way, but now if I'm in one...I don't want to leave (unless it is to actually go home of course). It is such a comforting place.
So today, I thought of 10 reasons why I should be/should have become an art teacher:
(in not particular order may I add, plus I know there are more but 10 seemed like a good number)
- It is most definitely more relaxing.
- The kids enjoy it..no usually they LOVE it.
- You can pick what you teach....or at least HOW you teach it.
- I could do projects forever and ever and ever.
- I'm that 'adventurous' or 'crazy' teacher that painted frequently with my 5 year olds and did other messy but FUN and engaging activities.
- Classroom teaching doesn't require very much creativity.
- I love all things that are colorful...
- ...have sharpie written on them...AND
- ...lets me use my hands to create something.
- It combines teaching with something else I love...what could be more perfect?