Saturday, December 5, 2009

Snacks I love...

As the end of our 'food week' (aka time to go grocery shopping) I realize all of the foods I would like to eat and wish we had. But that got me thinking about the snacks I love to munch on occasionally. And these are in no particular order, because that would take so much longer to decide.


  1. Wege of Hanover broken sourdough pretzels with or without Philadelphia whipped cream cheese and chives dip.
  2. Cookies-mainly ones that have some kind of chip in them (chocolate, butterscotch, etc)
  3. Turkey Hill Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
  4. Sour Patch Kids, Rolos, Kit Kats, and Milky Ways (one candy led to another)
  5. Fudge Brownies
...and that brings me to what actually made me start thinking about my favorite snacks. And that is what I snacked on today.

About a year ago, my hubby was introduced to Archer Farms Apricot Granola Bars. I will preface this by saying we try to be very budget friendly and if you've ever seen the price of Archer Farms at Target, you would understand that they aren't the most budget friendly granola bar out there. Regardless of the price, he said they were amazingly good..so I was fortunate enough to try them. And a day or two later the box was gone (there were only 4 or 5 in the box).

I waited a couple months to potentially buy them again only to realize that the parfait granola bars were no longer being made! OHH NOO!!! I was truly heartbroken at the store. I was given only 1 opportunity to really enjoy them. 


Until the wonderful day came along (last Saturday) when we were walking through Target to buy Christmas lights and out of the corner of my eye I saw them.....

They didn't have the apricot ones..but instead I ended up with strawberry banana granola bites. About half the size of a granola bar, but a great little snack. I put the box on a shelf above my desk and actually completely forgot they were there--until today.


I was so excited to unwrap, savor the goodness, and feed my craving for Archer Farms.


and it is soo worth every penny (in this box I get 15 instead of 4).


Any other suggestions on good snacks for me to try?








1 comment:

  1. I love the broken bag of pretzels! and oh seriously-you just got my majorly craving them and my specialty seasoned pretzels I make with them!!!! Ohhh i may go to the store and get them now :) haha...(or tomorrow)...

    and I absolutely am obsessed with sour patch kids.

    the end

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails