Friday, December 11, 2009

The best Christmas present

It's always interesting to me to ask people what their favorite present is, or ask what is the best present they've ever received. Lots of answers tend to include something that holds value. Not monetary value (although that could come with it), but usually more for the reason of love or memories from the person that gave it to them. I happened to be talking with my brother (in-law) and as we are ALL very budget strapped this year we are all looking for ways to give someone we love something but that doesn't cost a ton of money. When you are looking for something that is cheaper to do, it usually [not always] means making something--and truly some of the homemade gifts can be the best. So that's what he's doing..and I have to say it is going to be amazing. He thought of an idea, but wasn't sure if it was possible and Katy to the rescue. I'm taking care of the girly appearance--AKA no messy manly handwriting, and he is taking care of the rest. I really hope she is going to LOVE it, even though I'm pretty sure she will. I can't wait to post pictures of it...after Christmas of course, just in case she happens to read this. I think what I'm most excited about is that I get to use one of my loves/hobbies for something USEFUL and for someone else's benefit...not just for random things.



On the super plus side, I was summoned to jury duty again for Monday. (I was supposed to have it in September but didn't have to go). Much to my surprise I do not have to go on Monday, and I can go to work since I already have a day scheduled. phew! what a relief.


Now, I'm off to organize and design my plan of attack. Now if I could only think of something for my hubby.

blog,signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails