Saturday, April 24, 2010

Love It-Hate It

In the year before we got married, Greg started trying to teach me how to golf. Trying being the important word here. For Christmas that year, my parents bought me my first set of golf clubs and a bag--they were pink. Honestly, a little too girly for me now that I think about it, but I just thought it was cool that they were colored. period. Little did I know then that almost ALL golf clubs are colored. HA!

Throughout the last 3.5 years, I've learned that I have a love-hate relationship with golf. 
I like the challenge, but I hate that I'm seriously inconsistent.
I love that it's one of Greg's hobbies, that I can partake it. But I hate that I'm not strong enough to really hit the ball all that far. I like that I've since gotten newer, better clubs...that aren't pink.

Today we went to the driving range with my brother in law Ben. The 3 of us frequently make a golfing trio. We'll be a quad once Ben gets married in July. But that's a different story. Anyway, we each got a large bucket of balls. And I did FANTASTIC! My shots were in the air (which is semi-unusual. they normally fly across the ground), they were straight, and they were decently far. Now granted there isn't much difference in distance between myy driver and any other club in my bag (other than the wedges & putter of course!).

The guys discussing technique.
I was doing so well however that I flew through my basket of golf balls. My basket was empty before either of them got half-way done. OOps! Oh well. I would rather that than to be terrible for an entire outing. [notice the golf balls on the grass that are really close...those are from the crazy teenagers above us who kept sending bouncing balls right in front of us. One even bounced right next to me! It sure raised my self esteem]

I'm not going to go into details right now about my reading--except that it's Day 3 and I did it! Genesis 28-40 :D

blog,signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails