Sunday, May 23, 2010

...and breathe

This past week was by far one of the craziest and most stressful weeks I've had all year. (It beats moving week by far!) Anyway, to sum it up I have graduate class work. It's an online program through Wilkes University called Instructional Media. It's not too hard, but still time consuming. On Friday night, our Rita's employees wanted a Hawaiian night. After making lots of tropical flavored ice, decorating the place inside & out, the night went really well. 
I was supposed to be done at 3:30, but after decorating I didn't get to leave until 5:00. From there I had to do a scope & test session for
I had a CRAZY drive there when about 50 feet in front of me someone backed into a telephone pole, split it in half and the top portion went FLYING and SPINNING into the air. All the cars on the road stopped and watched as this huge wooden pole spun itself on the wires and all poles and wires around us shook. Then I finally got to the turn I needed, but of course I missed it.  After turning around and coming back to it, I was waiting to turn when I hear sirens coming from behind me. With nowhere to go I had to pass the turn a 2nd time. Then I pulled off the road into someones driveway and attempted a 3 pt. turn while almost backing into a fire hydrant---because it was green. Thankfully there was a man across the street who yelled at me to stop. Needless to say, I eventually made it to the church that night, got some test pictures and checked out the location and eventually made it home after some incorrect directions from my parents.
Saturday was spent making ice with Greg in the morning, then getting ready & leaving for the wedding. I was so nervous. I knew I could do it, I was just very afraid to be "the one" where the pictures really.count. It wasn't just me taking pictures for me. They were a simple, no-frills bride and groom. But overall, I fell into a groove and the night went smoothly. I even helped cut/serve the wedding cake since I had experience in that department from my catering days. 
I came home exhausted, but we played some Mario Kart with Greg's brother. Today I got worried about all my pictures being blurry, so I checked them, and they aren't all blurry. Thank goodness! But the rest of the day is going to be spent catching up on grad class work, maybe editing pictures and waiting for my future sister in law to arrive for her 3 week visit. Then tomorrow begins bridal shower week. yay!! I'm so excited.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the wedding photos you took! I am sure they are wonderful!



Related Posts with Thumbnails