Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey here, turkey there, turkey turkey everywhere

I can officially say Thanksgiving is over. It wasn't just the eating of one meal and visiting with family on Thursday. No, no--as a married couple, our Thanksgiving last 3 or 4 days interspersed with Christmas preparation. Normally we would go to State College for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday night, but because Greg was golfing (in the rain nonetheless!) we were unable to make it to dinner this year. So we packed up the car, dogs and all, and off we went to start the 3 hour drive to Woolrich, PA (it's about an hour from Williamsport).

Thanksgiving day was filled with a plethora of food that included turkey of course, ham, stuffing, sweet potatoes, corn, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, extra large rolls, gravy, limas, and I'm sure other things I'm forgetting right now. But then came desserts--3 or 4 different kinds of pies and 3 different kinds of cookies. Not to mention a very wonderful Keurig machine to make hot chocolate or coffee instantly---mmmm. It isn't a holiday or family gathering with a game of Scrabble (which my hubby and I clearly won)


To fight the post-meal nap, we put up my grandmother's Christmas tree. Not to rush the holiday or anything--it was a lovely gesture that turned out to be quite fun with the other ladies in my family. The final product...



And no Thanksgiving is complete without an almost completely pointless trip to Walmart for Black Friday shopping. 3 years we've been going and this is the first year we actually bought something that was on sale---DVD's. (Benjamin Button & Dark Knight--$5) I've been sad the last couple of days thinking that we wouldn't be able to have our own tree here on the 3rd floor due to space. In comes Walmart to the rescue with an adorable Norfolk Island Pine that I am ecstatic to decorate with miniature ornaments and star that I also found at Walmart. Stay tuned for the before and after pictures

Our Thanksgiving was made complete and final with a trip to the Clark family Thanksgiving. With the annual BFL (backyard football league) kickoff at 1pm and dinner at 4:30, we concluded Thanksgiving with a potentially cracked & bruised ribs, some speed scrabble, great time with family and of course pumpkin pie.


I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving (whoever you who are reading this is). And I hope you stop to think who you are thanking. My mother in law so graciously reminded me that people think of what they are thankful for but often times don't remember who they are thanking for it all.

Plus---here's a little flashback of last Thanksgiving. A walk down memory lane:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails