Monday, May 31, 2010

Finally...

Finally, I have time to give an update on the bridal shower from Saturday.
So I'll tell you the story through pictures:
First, the bride and groom to be.

I opted to simply let the bride pick the color scheme. It was easier that way. She picked bright green and blue. We didn't go too overboard with colors. But you can see the basket of silverware towards the back. Each napkin had a cute little tissue flower puff in the opposite color and then we made jumbo tissue puffs to hang from the ceiling. (sorry, I don't know what happened but I don't have a picture of that right now)
The full menu:
Punch
Cheddar & Sour Cream Chips
Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato & Avocado Wraps
Chicken, Spinach, Lettuce, Tomato with Pesto Sour Cream Wraps
Salad of spring mix greens with walnuts, mandarin oranges, cranberries,
gorgonzola cheese, and an orange vinegarette.
Cake for dessert.
 You may be thinking to yourself...hmmm I don't see the cake. But guess what, you do!

See those lovely flower pot centerpieces??
Those are the mini-cakes for everyone!
Chocolate & Vanilla layers with vanilla icing & oreos.
Here's a little close-up!

 We had about 20 guests, so not quite half of who we invited, but a very comfortable number of amazing women.

We played 2 games: Gift Bingo...I know not too original, but it's a classic.
But we also did a "getting to know you" game. Everyone answered the same set of questions regarding preferences: Coke or Pepsi, middle brownie or edge brownie, beach or mountains, city or county, etc. I think you get the idea. Anyway, the winners got a spatula, a scraper, and this adorable little piggy whisk! :) 
(p.s. I might have to go buy myself one of these guys)

via
Then it was present time. The bride was blessed with a hefty load of amazing home goodies.



Of course there were other flowers (not in the color scheme, because I started running low on time), but still beautiful regardless.

After the shower and after we cleaned up, my brother & sister in law hung around with my nieces, so I had lots of aunt time with my littlest niece! 

Even though the shower was a TON of work, I would do it all again in a heartbeat. I wish I had another party to plan. :)
blog,signature

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails